Steps For Import Export Code Registration
• First of all you require certain documents for the registration. You need , Address proof, Bank Account certificate. Also, Memorandum of association, certificate of incorporation and article of association in case of a company and LLP agreement in the case of an LLP.
• The form is filed which is available online also. Online filing can be done or form can be submitted directly to DGFT.
• An application is to be drafted and filed which is duly signed by you.
• In case of a company, a list of directors/partners written on company’s letterhead is to be submitted.
• Bank certificate along with above-mentioned documents and prescribed fees is finally submitted to DGFT.
• Upon verification, an IEC is issued to you. Hence, completing Import Export registration successfully.
- An application must be made in the (ANF 2A) i.e. Aayaat Niryaat Form 2A format to the regional department of the DGFT in that region where the registered office of the company is established.
- The DGFT has arranged online filing facility for obtaining IEC.
- Details of the business and its proprietors, directors or partners, bank account details and a bank certificate are the basic requirements of ANF 2A.
- The most important thing is to be kept in mind that the Permanent Account Number (PAN) is mandatory for grant of an IEC.
- Only one IEC can be allotted against a single PAN.
- The IEC must be valid for all the factories or branches of the Importer/Exporter.
- Applications which are complete in all respects are generally disposed of within 2-3 days.